Wednesday, August 25, 2010

About Sheek Forever After-Part I

Since Sheek Forever After was started just yesterday I thought I'd give you a lowdown on how we got started. This was not a slam-bam job. Elianna and I all worked very hard together on all of the aspects of this blog in the past months. We still have more to put into writing, but school is around the bend and approaching fast. Here is how everything got started:

How We Knew Each Other

I (Bethany) have know Elianna since Fall of '09. We used to go to the same church together. We had been introduced before but nothing more than that. Until one youth group night and we found out we had so much in common (dance, homeschooling, dogs, etc.)and we couldn't stop chatting that night. It seems that hasn't changed, even today ;) We are now best friends and always talking one way or another.

(Remember this is only from my viewpoint. I'm working on getting Elianna's viewpoints)

How The Idea Got Started

Well, Elianna and I tried out a different youth group one night and I was thinking about talking about weddings once the youth group got dismissed (weddings was my newest obsession...I get hooked on a lot of things). The topic came up on its own, without me saying anything, and well, both of us loved weddings. We wanted to start a wedding planning business, but sensibility (and um...homework thoughts) got the best of us. We brainstormed and came up with starting a blog. Perfecto! Both of us love writing, weddings, wedding blogs, and it's somewhat easier and cheaper to start. It just takes hard work. That takes us to where we are now.

Part 2 coming later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment